lunes, 29 de agosto de 2011

LXII. Malaria! | Compiled 1981-1984




















Compiled 1981-1984
©Moabit Musik. Deutschland, 2001.


‟So from the demise of Mania D, Bettina Koester and Gudrun Gut formed this band along with several others from the scene. Their first single "How Do You Like My New Dog" was actually the song that caught my attention, very dark yet somehow very catchy it's a very cool song. Their overall sound is rather eerie and moody with sort of post-punk/industrial sound with some neat little effects and noises throughout.  I love the way they make their music sort of blur when they really get frenzied and get going, it's so satisfying sounding.  My other favorite tunes from this compilation are "Kaltes Kalres Wasser" (which I understand to be their other biggest hit), "Geh Duschen", "Zarah" and "Your Turn To Run" however I do completely enjoy this entire compilation.  They actually managed to put out 2 albums and several EPs in the '80s, then reformed in the early '90s for another release.  I don't think that this compilation has everything they've recorded unfortunately but the material on here is pure gold and well worth hearing.  I think I love the fact that this group of German women were out there making music as gloomy as the boys without ever complaining about feminine problems or taking it to joke territory. On the other hand, I can't understand German so maybe they are... but I don't know the difference.‟

Goregirl







  

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario