domingo, 20 de noviembre de 2011

CXXV. Swans | Cop





















SWANS
Cop
©K 422. US. 1984.


‟This is one of the most monochromatic, boring albums I've ever listened to. The formula for each and every song is relatively low volume guitar white noise and the same start-stop plodding beat, while Michael Gira grumbles self-loathing or society hating lyrics.

In reading about the Swans I was sure I would like them. I like the No New York stuff, I like Einsturzende Neubauten and Throbbing Gristle, I like post-punk guitar noise.... the Swans take a very similar approach to all these artists but, at least on this album, the songs are stripped of all craft, groove, or even shock value. There's just nothing interesting about this album. It isn't even memorably unpleasant. It's... just... relentlessly... dull.‟

Razumov22



 

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario